Author Topic: Biochar Workshop?  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Jon Kruger

• View Profile
Re: Biochar Workshop?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 06:38:50 PM »
Apologies for the lack of information regarding the workshop

The location is at Woodpecker's The address is 390 Woodpecker's Lane Thornfield

The potluck and open to the locals free of charge is on Friday, June 6th from
9 am to 4 pm

The potluck lunch will be at 12 - 1 pm.

Directions from US 160 between Gainesville and Isabella is
turn north on Ozark Co Road (OzCoRd) 829 go two miles to OzCoRd 818 go 3.5 miles and turn left onto OzCoRd 831 go 1 mile to Woodpecker's.

Directions from Mo. 5 Hwy
Turn west on Z Hwy then turn left on OzCoRd 831 go 1 mile to Woodpecker;s

From Mo. Hwy 5 turn west onto OzCoRd 831 go about 5 miles to Woodpecker's

For more information on the entire workshop
visit .
http://resiliencemovement.com/eng/Energy/Energy-Resilience-for-Local-Communities-Workshop-June-2-6-near-Theodosia-MO

To register for the 5day workshop call
me at 417-679-0446

Offline Bunny Freidenker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
I don't get it. That link just says it's "near Theodosia" no details about where, what time, how to register.

Where can I get complete information?

Offline Doug Brethower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 06:37:10 PM »
http://resiliencemovement.com/eng/Energy/Energy-Resilience-for-Local-Communities-Workshop-June-2-6-near-Theodosia-MO is the open invite page.

A brochure is downloadable from the bottom of that page.

Confirmed to be there so far:
Solar Jeff, moreenergy.org - wind and solar energy promoter for the past few decades Artist Lori, maker of personal sized biochar kilns from clay

Terra-Char, IBI (Intl Biochar Initiative) producer member in MO, is sending down a tote (big shipping sack) of biochar to be auctioned Friday with proceeds from sale to offset attendee expenses. They hope to have a representative in attendance Wednesday AM for the biochar classroom session.

Official invite was just released yesterday. Look forward to a great event in a great community.

Doug Brethower
freedombiomass@gmail.com
http://resiliencemovement.com
417-327-6673

S afe
C heap
O btainable
R enewable
E nergy
from Biomass

"The sun does not always shine, the wind does not always blow, but smoke always rises"

Offline Jon Kruger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
The last day of the workshop is Friday, June 6. Members of O.N.E. and other locals are welcome to attend all day (9 am to 5 pm) for free.

It will be a potluck. Please bring a dish to pass.

There will be a demonstration of some of the gasifiers made during the week and also a chance to purchase one of the gasifiers through an auction.

June 6 is also the date of our monthly O.N.E. meeting. We also voted on having a potluck before that meeting., I would like feedback regarding that.

Sabrina Wilsom

Biochar Workshop?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
If anyone has information about the biochar workshop mentioned in April's ONE meeting, would you please post it here? Even though Dusty nor I can afford the $400 fee for the entire workshop, it might be interesting and useful to go to the free preview afternoon. If anyone else might want to join us if we go, please let us know so we could possibly set up a "car pool." :)

anything